Fire spotted from Crotched
Mountain in 1929
courtesy Jack Kelley)
in 1915, discontinued in 1921, reestablished in 1927. A 45' steel tower. The earlier
tower was 20' high, with an open top. It operated intermittently, with support
from local residents, until the 1973-1974 biennium when it was closed as part
of a trial of aerial detection. It was torn down between 1982 and 1984.