Carrigain Towers in 1921
courtesy National Archives)
in 1910 by the NH Timberland Owners. Acquired by the NH Forestry Commission in
1911. There was a wooden tower with platform for several years, at least until
1939. It was rebuilt in 1940, and described as a 30' steel tower, cab type R-7.
The steel was furnished by Aeromotor Company of Chicago. In 1979 the cab was removed
and the tower converted to one with an open observation platform, which is still